Friday, December 17, 2010

Spinning Some Warm Winter Wishes


Well look at me...I am the Hostess with the Mostess for the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge #53 ...and what a hostess I am...I am totally late with my post! Wow...late...the story of my life this time of year...remember all of those November birthdays and anniversaries that I have been celebrating in December?! So my apologies for being late with my post...thankfully I got my card to Christi in time to be posted on the PMS Blog.

So onto the challenge for the week. I apologize in advance (wow a lot of apologies today!) for this challenge...it sounded like such a fun challenge when I submitted it months ago. But now that it is here and it is a week away from Christmas, this seems like a tough challenge! Anyway my challenge is to create a Spinner Card! They are so fun and totally addicting once you start playing with it! Really it isn't too hard, especially if you follow the tutorial on SCS.

For my spinner card, I chose to use the Snow Happy set from Paper Makeup Stamps. OH.My.Goodness is this set so cute...I just adore the snowmen! The snowman was stamped about three times...once on the blue base, once for the colored parts, and once for the main snowman body. The colored parts were colored with a blender pen and ink pads. I stamped the different parts of the "Warm Winter Wishes" sentiment in the spinner area and then by the snowman. Not sure if you can tell but I stamped two of the snowflakes randomly on the blue base with white craft ink. Final touch was the stickle border on my snow and a clear rhinestone in my spinner snowflake.

So would you like to join me? Would you like to win some free rubbah? Join me in my spinner card challenge, use a PMS stamp, and link it to the PMS Blog and you just might win the single stamp of your choice! So come on and get inky with me! In the meantime, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Snow Happy (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Basic White (Papertrey Ink), Night of Navy, Bashful Blue (SU!); Ink - Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White Craft (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Accessories - Word Window Punch (SU!), Stardust Stickles (Ranger), Clear Rhinestone (Darice), Blender Pen, Dimensionals, scissors, pennies

3 comments:

Julie Ford said...

OMG Andrea, this makes my brain hurt. You are so creative! I just LOVE the snowman spinner card. I don't understand about 95% of what you say when you explain how you have made your cards, but it certainly is evident to me that you put a lot of work and thought into them, which is why they are so beautiful :)

Carma said...

I LOVE this and really want to give it a try but it won't happen this week. :) Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!

stamping sue said...

would like to see other cards from this contest for the spinner card. where would I look?
stamping sue
stamprsue@aol.com
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails