Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Trio of Man Cards

Why oh why do I insist on waiting to start my Christmas cards right about...now...ok tomorrow...or maybe on Friday. I have the supplies...so that is something right? Seriously I tell myself every year I am going to get started early and then I NEVER do! Oh well...I see some Christmas movie marathons while making Christmas cards in my future!

In my continual attempt to make up for all of the November (and now some in December) events that I missed sending cards for, I went for the Verve Project Parade Triple Play Challenge again, but this time in the form of a trio of "Man" cards! It felt good to get these done...I always find "man" cards to be one of the hardest to make!

Like last time I went through my stash of saved sketches and found some that would work (shown below). The main design elements that I kept between the cards were the colors and paper, the star image, the copper embossing and brads, the Labels 14 die shape, and almost the black cording (didn't quite make it in the last one).


The paper I used was from the Granola Paper Pad by Basic Grey plus Always Artichoke and Bordering Blue cardstock from Stampin' Up!. I of course didn't have any copper brads, so I made my own! Yup I took some pewter ones, pressed them to the Versamark pad, dipped it in copper embossing powder, and heated it (in case you want to try it, make sure you are holding the brad with some tweezers so you don't burn yourself!). Not sure there is much more to say on the cards...or maybe I am just tired and thinking about those darn Christmas cards!

So while I check out, let me thank you for checking out my kind of engineering!















The Engineering Details
Stamps - Seeing Stars, Starlight Starbright (Verve Stamps); Paper - Always Artichoke, Bordering Blue (SU!), Granola Paper Pad (Basic Grey); Ink - Versamark; Accessories - Labels 14 Die (Spellbinders), Pewter Brads (SU!), Copper Embossing Powder (I forget!), Word Window Punch (SU!), Edge Distresser (Tim Holtz), black cording, dimensionals

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A fabulous set of cards! I'm always waiting until the last minute to do my Christmas stamping, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails